Lampung Tourism-3 Popular Nature Tourism Destinations In Lampung, Indonesia
image by flickr.com
Lampung could be a province located within the southern part of the island of Sumatra, while within the north border directly with the province of Bengkulu and therefore the province of South Sumatra and therefore the south-facing directly with Sunda Strait.
In Lampung Province there are 3 popular nature tourism places, as follows:
1. WAY KAMBAS PARKLAND
Way Kambas parkland tourist area is found within the East Lampung Regency and is about 110 km from the middle of Bandar Lampung. Way Kambas parkland is one of the sole national Elephant Park in Indonesia.
Way Kambas parkland is one among the oldest nature reserves in Indonesia, where the parkland occupies an acreage of 1,300 square have which is usually the valley plains around the Way Kambas River. Way Kambas parkland also functioned as an elephant training center which was officially established within the year 1995 ago.
Way Kambas parkland is incredibly identical with the elephants, but it doesn't mean that the kind of animal within the area of the parkland is elephant all because it seems in it also many other animals are protected like Sumatran Rhino and Sumatran tiger. The second species of this rare animal is asserted almost extinct.
If you would like to require a vacation in Way Kambas parkland this can be a decent idea to require your children, because during this place there are many educational values of the flora and fauna that may be children get directly. So while on vacation then your children also will get further knowledge that's very beneficial someday.
How do i am going to Way Kambas National Park?
The way is simple, if you employ the means of the general public then you'll take a bus from terminal Rajabasa Bandar Lampung to Way Jepara. then get off at Gajah Batu in Rajabasa Lama Way Jepara Village. From there you'll continue by taking the Ojek to the correct Way or to the Elephant Training Center (PLG) which is that the entrance to the Way Kambas parkland area.
image by flickr.com
Way Kambas Parkland facilities
Here are a number of the facilities in Way Kambas parkland that may be utilized by the visitors, such as:
- Elephant ride: IDR. 20,000 per person
- Circumference Way Kambas: IDR. 150. 000 per person
- Lodging: IDR 200,000 per night
- Way Kambas: IDR. 750,000-Rp. 1.5 million (depends on distance and nearby)
- Elephant Football attraction
Way Kambas Parkland Information
Opening hours: 24 hours
Entrance ticket price: IDR 7,000 per person
Complete Address: East Lampung Regency, Lampung
2. BUKIT BARISAN SELATAN PARKLAND
image by flickr.com
The tourism area of Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland is found within the southwestern area of Sumatera Island which is administratively included within the area of three regencies namely West Lampung Regency (280,300 hectares), Tanggamus regency (covering 10,500 hectares) and Kaur Regency in Bengkulu Province (66,000 hectares).
On 17 July 2004, UNESCO has established Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland because of the Cluster plants Heritage Site under The name of The Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatera, along with Gunung Leuser parkland and Kerinci Seblat parkland.
According to government Regulation No. 68 the year 1998 Article 30 paragraph (2) on the nature reserve and conservation Area and Permenhut number: P. 56/Menhut-II/2006 on the parkland Zoning guideline, then Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland in divide into six zones, among others as follows:
- The Core Zone (Sanctuary Zone) is 159,464 hectares.
- Jungle Zone (Wilderness Zone) area of 104,887 Hek. Tar
- The utilization Zone (intensive zone) of 8,039 hectares.
- A rehabilitation zone covering 75,732 hectares.
- 4 hectares of non-secular, cultural and historical zones.
- A special zone with a vicinity of about 142 hectares.
If you visit this parkland then you may reach a landscape of hilly land and mountains. during this parkland area contains a fairly complete vegetation formation, namely coastal vegetation, brackish water, marshes, plantation forests, bamboo forests, and tropical rainforests.
Many types of plants that are found during this vegetation include:
- Pidada (Sonneratia sp.)
- Nipah (Nypa fruticans)
- Sea fir (Casuarina equisetifolia)
- (Pandanus sp.)
- The view (Michelia Champaka)
- Meranti (Shorea sp.)
- Mersawa (Anisoptera curtisii)
- Ramin (Gonystylus bancanus)
- Keruing (Dipterocarpus sp.)
- Resin (Agathis sp.)
- Rattan (Calamus sp.)
- Rafflesia Flower (Rafflesia Arnoldi)
- Flower Carcass (Amorphophallus decus-silvae)
- Giant Carcass (A. Titular)
- Giant orchid or sugar cane (Grammatophylum speciosum)
Quoting from the official website of Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland , within the parkland has various varieties of animals:
- 201 Mammal species (where 22 species are protected by law)
- 582 bird species (21 protected by law)
- 270 seafood species
- There are 30 varieties of amphibians and Decoras, a number of which are protected by law.
The types of animals that sleep in Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland, include:
- The Honey Bears (Helarctos malayanus)
- Sumatran Rhinoceros (divorced sumatrensis) amounted to 300 tails
- The Sumatran tiger (Panthera tigris sumatrae) amounts to less than 400
- Sumatran Elephant (Elephas maximus sumatranus) amounts to less than 2000 tails
- Tapir (indicus Tapyrus)
- Ungko (Hylobates agilis)
- Siamang (H. Syndactylus)
- Simpai (Presbytis melalophos Fuscamurina)
- Tragulus Javanicus Kanchil
- Hawksbill (Eretmochelys imbracata)
- Sumatran striped Rabbit
- 22 Types of bats (Balionyctres maculata, Cynopterus branchyotis, Cynopterus minutus, Hipposideros bicolor, Hipposideros cervinus, Hipposideros cineraceus, Hipposideros diadems, Hipposideros larvatus, Kerivoula hardwickii, the Intermedia Kerivoula, Kerivoula papillosa, Kerivoula pellucida, Megaderma Spasma, cyclotic Murina, Murina Suilla, Nycteris javanica, Phonisscus atrox, Rhinolopus affinis, Rhinolopus bornensis, Rhinolopus lepidus, and Rhiolopus trifoliatus)
In addition to the rich variety of flora and fauna, in Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park several areas serve as a tourist attraction, such as:
- The Kubu Perahu can be used as a place to observe animals and plants, do jungle trekking or play and swim in waterfalls.
- Sukaraja Atas, a suitable place for exploring the woods, camping, and observing the tall carcasses.
- The lake is located on the coastline directly adjacent to the Indian Ocean.
- Way Sleman.
- Suwoh Lake.
- Sepapa Kiri Waterfall is 60 meters tall.
- Geothermal area that always releases heat from the Earth's stomach in the form of gas bubbles.
The following is the order that must be in the keep by the visitors made by the management (National Park Hall of Bukit Barisan Selatan) based on government regulation No. 59 of 1998, such as:
- Any visitor or vehicle entering the Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland area shall pay the admission and levy by the applicable provisions.
- For researchers must submit a research application enclosed proposal and cover letter and institution in question, in the implementation of research accompanied by Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland officers and obliged to submit copies of research results.
- For researchers who take specimens or samples of research types of protected flora and fauna must obtain special permits from government.
- Visitors with the aim of shooting, photo, and film or video must submit a written application to the head of Balai with synopsis, in the implementation of activities accompanied by officers and obliged to submit a copy of the shooting results.
- Comply with the provisions applicable during the Bukit Barisan Selatan parkland area.
The conclusion is to have a holiday and a tour in Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park then you will get a tremendous amount of knowledge.
Information about Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park
Opening hours: at 07.00 am-16.00 pm
Entrance ticket price: IDR 15,000 per person
Complete address: Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No. 19, Terbaya, great city, Tanggamus Regency, Lampung 35384
3. KRAKATAU ISLANDS
image by flickr.com
The formation of Krakatau Islands has not separated from the history of the devastating eruption of Mount Krakatau in the year 1883 ago, where the effect of the eruption that occurred has affected the climate of this world so that there is a lot of hunger for crop failure.
Another result of the eruption has been formed a group of people named the Krakatau Islands, consisting of Rakata or Krakatau Besar Islands, Panjang or Krakatau Kecil, Sertung, and Anak Krakatau.
The main accommodation to the island of Krakatau can only be found within the town of Kalianda, South Lampung Regency. One of the facilities that have been very popular and known is Krakatoa Nirwana Resort. In this place, besides offering facilities stay also offers services to organize trips to the Krakatau Islands Nature Reserve.
In Sebesi Island which is the last stop before it reached the Krakatau islands, there are some cozy cottages and villas that offer the perfect view of Krakatau volcano. If you plan to stay overnight in the nature reserve area, you can contact the relevant management in Sertung Island to arrange the schedule.
To be able to enter the Krakatau islands, you need to get the Conservation Area Entry Permit first. This permit can only be obtained at the Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA Lampung Province).
Access To Krakatau Islands Area
The location of the Krakatau Islands can be accessed from Sumatra Island or Java island. From the island of Sumatra's main access is from Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung, while from the island of Java, it can be accessed from the capital city of Jakarta and through the province of Banten.
From Bandar Lampung City You can use the bus from Terminal Rajabasa or Panjang to Kalianda, South Lampung Regency with a journey of approximately 45 minutes. From there you can then continue the journey by public transportation minibus for approximately 10 minutes to go to the village Canti.
From the village of Canti, you can continue your journey to the jetty and then rent a speed boat or regular motorboat. If you use a fast boat, then the travel time needed about 90 minutes to get to the Krakatau Islands Nature Reserve. While if you use a regular motorboat, then the time is about 150 minutes.
image by flickr.com
If you depart from Jakarta, then the quickest way is to rent a speedboat or cruise from the port of Tanjung Priok and go directly to the Krakatau Islands. Besides that, you can also take public transportation route by bus from Kalideres Terminal to Merak port in Banten province with approximately 1.5 hours.
Then from Merak port, you use a ferry boat to cross the Sunda Strait to Bakauheni port in Lampung province. If the condition is normal then the travel time to cross about 2 to 2.5 hours. Next from Bakauheni port, you can rent public transportation or a travel car to get to Tanjung Bom port. From the port of Tanjung Bom, you can rent a boat to cross down to Sabesi Island as a transit point before heading to the Krakatau Islands. It takes about 2 hours to travel from Sabesi Island to Krakatau Islands.
Various activities that you can do on the Krakatau islands, such as swimming, diving, surfing, and so on. All these activities are very enjoyable, so your holiday will be more memorable of course.
Complete address: Pulau Anak Krakatau, Island, South Lampung Regency, Lampung
That is an article about Lampung Tourism-3 Popular Nature Tourism Destinations In Lampung, Indonesia. Hopefully, this article will be useful to you.